The Vermouth Experience: Make Artisan Vermouth with Luke
Join Luke, an artisanal vermouth producer and Barcelona local, to discover how to elaborate your home-brewed, Spanish-style sweet vermouth—previous brewing experience not required!
NOTICE:This experience is available as a private experience exclusive for your group. Get in touch for pricing!
- Virtually travel to Barcelona and spend one hour with Luke, an artisan vermouth producer, learning how to make your own homemade vermouth
- Learn why we were drinking vermouth since ancient Greek and Roman times, the surprising health benefits it holds, and how it fits into Spain’s gastronomic culture.
- Learn which dishes make the perfect pairing to do a traditional Spanish vermuteo the way the locals do.
- Spend an evening at home in a unique and entertaining way—you could invite your friends and turn it into a social occasion!
- Receive the recipe beforehand so you can make vermouth along with Luke at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound knowledge to test at another time!
- If you’d like this experience private for your family, friends or team, please contact us for pricing and information.
Watch Tour Video
We just did the virtual vermouth course and loved it! Luke was informative and entertaining and our vermouth turned out great! There was so much thought put into the experience right down to all of us streaming the same music. We loved it and highly recommend!
I did an online Vermouth Experience with Luke and it was excellent! I don’t have previous vermouth classes to compare it to, but I think Luke made the process accessible and fun. And I love his enthusiasm! I look forward to taste-testing my vermouth as it ages.
Virtual make your own vermouth experience with Luke was awesome! He walked us through the history, had some great facts, then we went through the recipe together. I’ve been looking for a good homemade vermouth recipe since taking Devour’s Barcelona tours in 2019 (back when we could travel) and this is it! Thank you Luke & Devour Tours!
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
If you’ve traveled to Barcelona, you’ve probably partaken in the quintessential Catalan tradition of the vermuteo—drinking vermouth!—and wanted to do the same at home. And now, in this 1-hour master class with a passionate home vermouth maker, you can!
Join Barcelona local and artisan vermouth maker Luke as he shares the secrets to successfully making your own homemade vermouth, a surefire way to impress next time you invite your friends around for a drink or two. Aside from demonstrating the steps to elaborate your own Spanish style vermouth at home, he’ll also share with you everything you need to know about vermouth and the culture surrounding it. Discover the surprising health benefits, fascinating history and ins and outs of doing this delicious drink like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Leading tours in Barcelona since 2011, Luke knows the city inside and out. His insatiable thirst for knowledge in art and culture is matched only by his hunger to explore the world of gastronomy and wine – he even makes his own artisan vermouth! He is probably the only South African who can speak Catalan—that’s why you’ll always see him right upfront singing the FC Barcelona hymn at game time!Meet them here!