The Spanish Desserts Special with Arantxa
Meet Madrid local Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and passionate home cook, who will show you the secrets to cooking a traditional Spanish dessert. Choose from torrijas or tarta de Santiago.
NOTICE:This experience is available as a private experience exclusive for your group. Get in touch for pricing!
- Virtually travel to Madrid and spend 1 hour with Arantxa, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef who is passionate about Spain’s local cuisine.
- Learn how to make torrijas (Spanish-style French toast) in three different flavors—wine, milk with honey, and milk with sugar—and learn about why this is one of Spain’s favorite desserts during the Holy Week.
- Learn how to make a Tarta de Santiago (Spanish almond cake) from Spain’s northern Galicia region. Discover its history dating back to the Middle Ages, and its connection to Spain’s famous Camino de Santiago!
- Spend time with your family or friends in a unique and entertaining way—and bring your food-loving kids!
- Receive the recipe for the dish beforehand so you can cook along with Arantxa at home—or simply sit back with a glass of wine to watch and learn, and put your newfound cooking knowledge to test at another time!
- This experience is private and exclusive for you and your family, friends or team. Please contact us for pricing and information.
Watch Tour Video
What sets Arantxa apart from any other chef’s instruction that I’ve seen before is that she is also an educator. She isn’t simply putting together ingredients and showing you how to cook them, but she speaks of the background of where the dish came from, how some ingredients are harvested, what to avoid adding as to not compromise the flavor of the dish, and her preferred choice of items used to enhance the quality of the final product. My palette, along with my mind, were totally engaged in the process. She illuminates with her knowledge but also inspires you with her talent. Add to her skill that she also has a charming and relatable personality, and you can’t help but want to book another cooking class very soon.
Chef Arantxa clearly demonstrated and explained the necessary steps and ingredients needed to make this classic dish. The speed was appropriate enough to allow me to cook along with her. She elaborated during down time with cooking tips and other relevant information, we even got a little Spanish history lesson. Participants could ask questions in the chat which were answered during real time. As a novice, I was proud of my finished product. I will definitely return to another on line class if I can not do so in person.
What to Expect
Please note that the times available for this experience are in CET (Central European Time). To check the time in your local timezone check this timezone converter.
You’ve made tapas, you’ve made pintxos, you’ve made paella, but there’s something that’s been missing this whole time—Spain’s favorite desserts! Discover the sweet side of Spain with this special special Spanish dessert class hosted by Arantxa, a Madrid local who is passionate about all things Spanish cooking and cuisine.
Choose from one of two delicious treats for this experience. The first is torrijas, Spain’s favorite Easter time sweet treat. Arantxa will show you how to make three different types—with milk and sugar, with milk and honey, and with wine. Your second option is Tarta de Santiago, Spain’s delicious almond cake hailing from the northeast region of Galicia, following the official recipe as approved by the Spanish Government. Along with learning how to make the desserts, you’ll discover the history, stories, and culture that go along with these Spanish classics and get a glimpse into life in Madrid live from a local’s kitchen.
About Our Expert Guides
Born & raised in Madrid, Arantxa is a professional chef trained at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu cooking school. She loves exploring the markets of Madrid, and cooking delicious meals. An experienced cooking school teacher, her recipes have traveled the world thanks to her students from all over the globe!Meet them here!